As the calendar turns from July to August, summer activities are at their peak. No matter what type of summer adventure you’re having, be prepared in case of a dental emergency. Review this short article from the Massachusetts Dental Society that includes important summer safety tips for children’s teeth.
- Be prepared. If you have an emergency while traveling, you’ll want to know where the nearest dentist is located.
- What should you do if a filling or tooth gets broken?
- What should you do if a tooth gets knocked out?
- Should you wear a mouth guard for sports? YES!
- How can pool water affect your teeth?
- Don’t forget to protect your lips with sunscreen!
No matter where your summer adventures take you, have fun!
About the Author:Since 1972, Salem Pediatric Dental & Orthodontic Associates has provided comprehensive preventive and therapeutic oral health care for infants and children through adolescence including those with special health care needs. We proudly serve the communities of Salem, Lynn, Peabody, Danvers, Marblehead, Swampscott, Beverly, and many more.